Friday, November 18, 2011

Last night…

So I needed to go to Cub Scouts last night… but of course I also had a few million other things to do…

Tomorrow is picture day for my son: he needs a haircut and I still need to pick out the outfit.

It’s going to be Thanksgiving potluck day at work the next day.

I pick up Noah from school after work and he is in shorts because he pottied during nap time

We get home I start dinner and I cut his hair while I’m cooking.

He gets devastated when I cut his hair so he was too upset to eat

I give him a couple of bites and go upstairs

I start his bath water because now he has hair all over him

While that is running I head into his room to pick out his outfit for pictures

He says he has to go potty and there is one tissue floating in the potty so I hear him flush the toilet

I’m in his closet pulling out shirts and sweater vests

He flies in yelling “it’s broken! It’s broken! All the water mom!”

I turn around he is standing there with his sock and shoes on and

His underwear and shorts down to his ankles…

So I’m trying to not to laugh at the ‘waddle run” he is doing and ask

What?

He repeats “the water broken!”

So I go into my room and look

There is water meeting me as I enter into the bathroom

The toilet is over flowing

So I run in plunge the toilet… and put a billion towels all over the floor, then put him in the tub…

Pull the blankets that are now soaked out of the linen closet

Wash him up

Dry him off

The door bell rings… I’m almost in tears running down the stairs

It is my neighbors little boy bringing me homemade cake

Put some underwear on Noah and have him finish his Mac n Cheese

I eat some cake…

Text my neighbor to say thank you

And tell myself the mess will be there when I get around to cleaning it up,

But now I’m just gonna hang out with my little man

Never made it to Cub Scouts…

No comments:

Post a Comment