Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ANGELS CARRY PEOPLE NOT BURDENS

A Daily Affirmation


2 Corinthians 8:13-14

For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; but by an equality, that now, at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that the ir abundance also may supply your lack - that there may be equality.

Thought for the Day:

As little kids we never hesitated to share. Someone had a bike and someone had a pair of skates and an another person had either, but we all rode that one bike and shared that one pair of skates. We knew how to share back then. Now, we waste time trying to analyze everything to ensure that no one is getting over on us. If only we could remember our childhood we could realize that life works so much better when we learn to pull our resources, needs, and/or talents together. Often during the holiday season so that the burden is n’t too much on one person, everyone brings a dish. However, we are careful in asking of people to produce what we know they can‘t deliver. We often look to certain people to make the gumbo, or the stuffing, or the potato salad, or the pies. We don’t even think about the fact one has purchased several ingredients to make the gumbo, or the time one has to put into making the stuffing, the cakes and pies while another may have simply bought a couple of cans of peas or cranberry sauce. We just know it’s going to be enjoyable because the ones who could cook - did. There is no bickering over the price or the time spent, we just simply enjoy the entire family coming together. If we could look at life this same way and just appreciate and accept what the other has to offer we can find peace when we come together and everyone’s need can be met. Some of us allow the enemy to paint the picture that doing what we can do is a burden on us. We allow the enemy to tell us that we are being used. We allow the enemy to paint an ‘us against them’ picture within our own household and families. Today, I encourage you to affirm to do what you can do. I encourage you to remember that everyone one of us will stand in need of something at some point in our lives. The one who is willing to meet a need, always find that their needs are met. Often not by the one whose need we help to meet, but by another angel. I truly believe that God remembers our kindness and our willingly spirit when He dispatched us as an angel, therefore in our time of need He will dispatched another angel to help us.

 

Meditation Question:

Am I willing and ready to be dispatched to share what I have with the next person in need?

Daily Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Please allow me to see when You are trying to dispatch me to assist someone in t heir time of need. Please allow Your Spirit to remind me that I am blessed when I can be a blessing. Please convict my heart when it is within my hands or power to help someone and I refuse. In Jesus name I pray for spiritual vision to recognize when You are dispatching me to help someone in need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment