Proverbs 17:1
Better is a dry morsel with quietness, than a house full of feasting with strife.
Thought for the Day:
Many people have forsaken the basic principles of love and happiness and chosen instead to chase after “financial security” and social status. It is so heartbreaking to see how many people have chosen to forsake true lasting love to chase the fairy tale that often ends in unhappily ever after. As I witness people overlooking hard working brothers and sisters in search for someone who can “buy” them some things my heart breaks. I commend those who are willing to work together to keep genuine love unadulterated from the messages that society is sending that unless someone can give you a bunch of stuff they aren’t worth sharing your life with. This verse is so powerful when it comes to love, because I would rather spend the rest of my life with a person who genuinely loves me and is working hard to ensure that our family is well cared for them to marry for money and spend all my time fighting just to be included in my spouse's life. Today, I encourage those of you who are married, to affirm not to allow the picture painted by the world of “financial security” to cause you to look down on what your spouse is bringing to the table. To those of you who are single, I encourage you to affirm not to chase money, but to seek God to bring you a love that is genuine and lasting. Let’s all remember that a love that is true encompasses everything we need to feel secure within the relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment